Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

how to show source code of jvm

han_w_
Beginner

I am using vtune 2018 in ubuntu16.04 and running hotspots of spark application. After running, I can see function belong to module libjvm.so but can not see the source code of them  after double click it.

I tried serverl methods.

1. using openjdk and config source dir as below

-search-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/openjdk-8   -source-search-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/openjdk-8

but still did not show source code.

2.using -Xcomp -XX:-UseLoopCounter when launch spark application with amplxe-cl

no source code of libjvm also

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Denis_P_Intel
Employee

The libjvm.so library is Java runtime library but not a Java user code and so the first method should work if you have debugging symbols. Please download debugging symbols using 'sudo apt install openjdk-8-dbg', try again and let me know how it works.

0 Kudos
han_w_
Beginner

I have debugging symbols already as attachment.

But still can not show the source code of libjvm. PS i also have oracle jdk but configure to use openjdk automatically. Do I need to delete oracle jdk? Or oracle jdk can also show the source code?

Another thing I want to add is:

when I open gui, it has warning as following, is it because of these alarm?

(amplxe-gui:30645): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

** (amplxe-gui:30645): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion 'OS_IS_BAR (bar)' failed

(amplxe-gui:30645): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

0 Kudos