Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

my app crashes when running from vtune

james_c
Beginner
sorry for the newbie question.
runs fine invoked from VS, if i run it from the integration or from the vtune window, my app crashes after a few seconds.i am using Qt and multi threading.
clearly some setting is wrong, anyone have some ideas for me?
thanks,
james
0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi James:
How did you configure the activity? That is, which wizard did you use and what options did you select or leave selected?
Callgraph can cause the application to crash if the debug information does not match the executable. This can happen because the analyzer located an old PDB file, for example. (Scenario: you build your debug version and run the analyzer on it, then you build the release version and don't generate a PDB and the analyzer attempts to use the PDB from the debug build.) Now, this is not supposed to happen, but there are cases where it may. You can check which PDB file the analyzer has associated with the executable by view the Symbol Repository (Configure -> Options: DirectoriesSymbol Repository, View Symbol Repository Files button; locate your executable in the list and examine the path to the debug symbol info, i.e., PDB).
0 Kudos