Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

obviously false results with Amplifier

oleg_iegorov
Beginner
Hello,

profiling my experiments with Amplifier I get sometimes false results, like 23 clock ticks for an application which ran for 15 minutes. For some other experiments results seem correct.

Any idea why is that happening?

I run RHEL 6.2 on Xeon E5530

Regards,

Oleg Iegorov
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

What is your VTune version? Latest VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 8?

What did your mean of "23 clock ticks for app to run 15 minutes"? Elapsed time? The tool reportselapsed time in"seconds" in summary tab. Did you feel that "CPU Time"of specific function was incorrect? Please attach result directory and point out which data was wrong.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
oleg_iegorov
Beginner
Hello,

I mean that sometimes for the same test configuration I get good results, but pretty often Amplifier craches and doesn't give results at all for a particular module. It is very unstable.

Regrads,

Oleg Iegorov
0 Kudos
oleg_iegorov
Beginner
I've got Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 8 (build 221625)
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting oleg_iegorov
Hello,

I mean that sometimes for the same test configuration I get good results, but pretty often Amplifier craches and doesn't give results at all for a particular module. It is very unstable.

Regrads,

Oleg Iegorov

You maydo
1."amplxe-feedback -create-bug-report logfile" when you met a crash, to generate log package
2. "amplxe-feedback -send-crash-report latest", to send Intel Customer Support team.

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos