Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

oneAPI offload advisor: loop instance limitation warning

lm1909
New Contributor I

I am using collect.py from the oneAPI beta Offload Advisor and am receiving the warning

advixe: Warning: Loop instance limitation doesn't support source annotations.

after the collection started. I can't find any information about this warning online - what does it mean, is it relevant, and if yes, how can I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dpetrov
Employee

Hi @lm1909 ! This message is sort of internal diagnostics. In short, it should not affect performance modelling flow.

Few more details: this message is emitted by dependencies analysis which supports for source annotations to mark loop body. Source annotations are not compatible with one another feature that allows to reduce profiling overhead and is used in performance modelling flow. So if you have loop body marked up with source annotations, overhead will be bigger than for case w/o source annotations.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

As this thread is not related to this forum, we are moving this thread to the appropriate forum.

Thank you.

dpetrov
Employee

Hi @lm1909 ! This message is sort of internal diagnostics. In short, it should not affect performance modelling flow.

Few more details: this message is emitted by dependencies analysis which supports for source annotations to mark loop body. Source annotations are not compatible with one another feature that allows to reduce profiling overhead and is used in performance modelling flow. So if you have loop body marked up with source annotations, overhead will be bigger than for case w/o source annotations.