Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5002 Discussions

pmu resource(s) currently being used by another profiling tool or process

chris_pn
Beginner

Hi,

When I install and run vtune 2021.1.2 on win10, I encountered this error:

pmu resource(s) currently being used by another profiling tool or process: another pmu collection session may be running.

I didn't open other profiling tools at the same time. So I don't know why this error appears.

The following are related infomations:

*** System Infomation:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz
GPU: UHD 630
vtune:
Intel oneAPI VTune Profiler 2021.1.2 Patch 1
Product build: 614775

*** Steps to install vtune:
1.Download windows version from:
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html#vtune

2.Launch the installer as administrator and choose default option in installation.

*** Steps to reproduce the issue:

1.Launch vtune as administrator

2.In "Configure Analysis", Choose "Hotspots" and then choose "Hardware Event-Based Sampling"

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Johny_P_Intel
Employee

Chris,

That's wonderful! Thanks for getting back to us with your findings.

Regards,

Johny

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Johny_P_Intel
Employee

Chris,

That's wonderful! Thanks for getting back to us with your findings.

Regards,

Johny

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

0 Kudos
Abhimanyu
Employee

What IT software was it ? 

0 Kudos