Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

project already open

jim_fry
Beginner
I have begun to get the message:
The project is already open and cannot be used. Another VTune Performance Environment session has opened it.
What does this mean? (I can guess). No one else should be using my VTUNE_USER_DIR. It seems that perhaps I finished something incorrectly, perhaps quitting more(1) before it finished with my output?
Is there some file I can remove/change to let vtl know that I am no longer using the project?
Thanks,
Jim Fry
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrey-gallagher

I think I saw that once when i ran a command line project using vtl, and then opened a vtlec project at the same time.

Did you try running the ActivtyController, see if it sees the project open? If so, you could close it from there.

$ ActivityController

or

$ man ActivityController # for more info

cheers

jdg

0 Kudos
jim_fry
Beginner

ActivityController says:

You are not currently running any Activities!

Jim Fry

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

This message is also symptomatic of a corrupted project file (see http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/cs-006211.htm).

0 Kudos
Dny
Beginner

This message is also symptomatic of a corrupted project file (see http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/cs-006211.htm).

I'm also getting similar error while execution "vtl show"command.

VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 for Linux* build 226
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

The project is already open and cannot be used. Another VTune Performance Environment session has opened it.

Can you please give any suggessions for this ?

Regards,
Dny.
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Dny

I'm also getting similar error while execution "vtl show"command.

VTune Performance Analyzer 9.1 for Linux* build 226
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Can you please give any suggessions for this ?

Regards,
Dny.

Iguess that other user is using this tool with same user account, or VTune Analyzer has exited but some components are still alive (remained) in the system.

You may use "ps -ae" to check if some VTune Analyzer related processes in the list, so you can kill them first then use vtl.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos