Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4973 Discussions

"amplxe-runss -V“ is OK, but i can't use the remote linux(ssh).

xulei_ict
Beginner

When i try to use vtune  profiler on my win11 PC to connect  a remote linux server. 

The "where" window give me a error:

• Please, check that the command '/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/latest/bin64/amplxe-runss -V' is run successfully on the target.
  • VTune cannot detect remote machine configuration.

When i run the command in my linux server, it seems everything is OK:

/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/latest/bin64/amplxe-runss -V
Intel(R) VTune(TM) Profiler 2022.3.0 (build 624050) Data Collector
Copyright (C) 2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

I have no idea what went wrong and any way to check will be helpful for me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We could reproduce your issue. It seems like you're trying to access the Linux server via some port. We have two workarounds for your issue. Please find them below:

VTune GUI: 

Use this command in the "SSH Destination" field: 

username@<IP address/Hostname> [-p port]

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).png

VTune CLI: Use the below commands:

vtune -target-system ssh:root@<ip_address or hostname>[:8080] -target-install-dir=/tmp/vtune_profiler -collect hotspots

[OR]

vtune -target-system ssh:root@<ip_address or hostname> -target-port 8080 -target-install-dir=/tmp/vtune_profiler -collect hotspots

If this resolves your issue, please make sure to accept this as a solution as it helps others with similar issue.

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We could reproduce your issue. It seems like you're trying to access the Linux server via some port. We have two workarounds for your issue. Please find them below:

VTune GUI: 

Use this command in the "SSH Destination" field: 

username@<IP address/Hostname> [-p port]

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).png

VTune CLI: Use the below commands:

vtune -target-system ssh:root@<ip_address or hostname>[:8080] -target-install-dir=/tmp/vtune_profiler -collect hotspots

[OR]

vtune -target-system ssh:root@<ip_address or hostname> -target-port 8080 -target-install-dir=/tmp/vtune_profiler -collect hotspots

If this resolves your issue, please make sure to accept this as a solution as it helps others with similar issue.

Regards,

Alekhya

xulei_ict
Beginner

Thanks a lot!

Although the way to use '[-p port]' in the "ssh destination" field still can't work, I find that the reason is about  "ssh destination" field.

So i use a hostname to avoid filling a port in the "ssh destination" field, which finally works.

0 Kudos
dont_rush
Beginner

hello,

It's surprising to know that I come across the very same problem with you apart from my OS being WIN10.I've tried the approach AlekhyaV_Intel provide and cannot work either.So could you please instruct me about your solution more precisely especially considering the 'use a hostname to avoid filling a port in the "ssh destination" field' part.What about your stuff that fill in and the format.

Regards,

DR

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos