Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

report generation in linux and viweing in windows

rohit_t_
Beginner

hello friends !

I am stucked with a serious issue .Due to some development issues .I need to generate reports for all analysis like hotpsot,memory access etc in linux version of vtune ,then i brought these files to windows 7, and trying to analyse and view these results in vtune for windows.

For that I created new project  in vtune for  windows and in the new project copied these files  like r000hs,r001hs,r002lw which were generated in linux. and to see the GUI form of results when I clicked on them I am getting this error "Failed to finalize the result ,cannot finalize the result, Error 0x40000019 (Incompatible database schema) --Database schema is not upgradable ".

Please help to resolve or if there is any other alternative .please do tell. ( generating results in vtune -linux and viewing them in vtune -windows 7)

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Two things,

1) Hope to use same version on both Linux and Windows, for example - XE 2013 Update 3.

2) Before copying result directory to Windows, please use -

amplxe-cl -finalize --search-dir all:rp=project-dir -r myresult 

The new result generated will be opened smoothly on Windows, without binary/symbol files. You might copy associate source files onto Windows only when browsing source view.

0 Kudos
rohit_t_
Beginner

hey peter wang !

thanks a lot ! It solved my problem.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

rohit t. wrote:

hey peter wang !

thanks a lot ! It solved my problem.

Glad to know that the problem has been fixed:-)

0 Kudos