ping works fine, however I use telnet to connect, not ssh. Is this a problem?
Furthermore I collected additional infos on the running system after reading the help pages belonging to vtune on windows...
Thanks tim18, however my e-mails to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
bounce back (this is the address I get recommended when connecting to premier.intel.com...)
By the way, the demo I am trying to set up should be quite similar to the Intelwebinar presented by Vasanth Tovinkere "Thread profiler for POSIX Threads". I used to work with the KAI tools in the past, before the company was acquired by Intel and I needto refresh my demos/presentations.
Thanks again for your help.
To use Intel Premier Support, please log in at https://premier.intel.com and submit your issue. If you are unable to log in, please send an email to email@example.com requesting that your password be reset.
Also, is this a new installation of the RDC or old? From the errors, it looks like the RDC installation is messed up and I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing. And, are you using matched VTune analyzer and RDC?
Note: Threading Tools (including Thread Profiler) are supported by a different team and have their own product on Premier. If you want to report a problem against the RDC for Thread Profiler, please submit the issue against that product. Otherwise, submit it against the VTune analyzer and limit your discussion to vtserver. Too many variables makes it difficult to troubleshoot. :smileywink:
Message Edited by DaveA on 01-03-2006 04:08 PM
I am not sure I want to file a problem report, as I dont know if these errors are due to bugs or inexperienced usage. Anyhow the status is as follows:
- the only mode that seems to be running across the C/S set-up described before is Vtune call graph
- Vtune sampling invariably reports ) The Sampling Collector failed to collect data because the selected event(s) did not occur, no matter if it is run from Win or directly on linux using vtl.
Are the events processor-specific? I have a pIII on the back-end
- when starting the thread analyzer from the Win front end, it reports The remote host could not be reached, even if the ittserver has been started on the linux box.
By the way the ittserver is meant for thread checking (?), does the Vtune front end expects the thread profiling daemon ?
- What software should be installed and from where.
- Is there an installation guide covering all components (vtune, thread checker, thread profiler, including the win/linux components)
mannheimOpenMPintel>vtl import threadchecker.thr
VTune Performance Analyzer 7.2
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Wed Jan 11 12:09:05 2006 WARNING: The VTune Performance Analyzer product is
using an evaluation license.
Please visit http://www.intel.com/software/products for more information on purc
hasing this product.
The specified file was not recognized by any of the available file importers.
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file
The Sampling Collector failed to collect data because the selected event(s) did not occur.