Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

socperf3 and sep5 drivers is not correctly loaded.

lespo
Beginner

When trying to analyze hotspots i fortran code, the V-Tune analyzer complains about sampling drivers:

lespo_0-1650639502511.png

I followed the online guides and some other questions here without success. Basically, issuing

./insmod-sep -q

results in

pax driver is loaded and owned by group "vtune" with file permissions "660".
socperf3 driver is not correctly loaded.
sep5 driver is not correctly loaded.

socwatch driver is loaded and owned by group "vtune" with file permissions "660".

vtsspp driver is loaded and owned by group "vtune" with file permissions "660".

I wrote a long exposition yesterday of what i tried but the post was marked as spam and eventually deleted. I am happy to provide the details once this post passes to the forum.

Any ideas what to do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thankyou for posting in Intel Communities. 

Could you please try to install the sampling driver again using the below command:

cd <install-dir>/sepdk/src

./build-driver

Please follow the below link for more information to build the driver.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/set-up-analysis-target/linux-targets/build-install-sampling-drivers-for-linux-targets.html

If the issue still persists please share the following details:

1. OS you are using
  2. VTune version
  3. Hardware you are using

Thanks.

0 Kudos
lespo1
Beginner

What helped is the removal of all oneAPI related products, manually deleting `/opt/intel` and `~/intel` and a clean installtion of basic toolkit. At that moment the drivers are all correctly loaded. I have to verify if they still work after the HPC toolkit and what happens when the kernel is upgraded.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

We would like to know your findings after HPC toolkit installation and upgrade of kernel. We will keep this thread open, kindly inform your findings.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Did you get a chance to check if there is any issue after HPC toolkit installation and upgrade of kernel. Could you please give us an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Since your initial query is resolved. Please post a new question, if you need any additional information. This thread will be no longer monitored by Intel. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos