Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

vtune problem

rohit_t_
Beginner

hi !

plz help me out with this issue.!when i ran a very simple C++ program for hotspot analysis.it succesfully collected ,analysed and finalized the result

still sometimes its shows functions with some CPU values and sometimes show " NO DATA TO SHOW / NO DATA IS AVAILABLE".

please tell me how to  get the data when this "NO DATA IS AVAILABLE" situation arises.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Usually if you ran application shortly, there is no result to how. Please add more workloads in your program.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Usually if you ran application shortly, there is no result to how. Please add more workloads in your program.

0 Kudos
rohit_t_
Beginner

thanks for suggestion.I ll try this way also

0 Kudos
rohit_t_
Beginner

thanks for suggestion.I ll try this way also

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Maybe your application run so fast(short period of time) and was below the measurement threshold.I experienced such a behaviour.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

iliyapolak wrote:

Maybe your application run so fast(short period of time) and was below the measurement threshold.I experienced such a behaviour.

Default interval time is 10ms. You might copy from Hotspots analysis to create a new custom analysis - change interval value to 2ms if you like.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>Default interval time is 10ms. You might copy from Hotspots analysis to create a new custom analysis - change interval value to 2ms if you like>>>

Thanks Peter.

Can I change time measurement interval to even lower value for example in range 0.1-0.2 msec , because I'm testing a FFT alghorithm which finishes execution of its code very quickly ~125000 nanosec?In order to perform precise timing I needed to increase data set size to more than 4096 points.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

iliyapolak wrote:

>>>Default interval time is 10ms. You might copy from Hotspots analysis to create a new custom analysis - change interval value to 2ms if you like>>>

Thanks Peter.

Can I change time measurement interval to even lower value for example in range 0.1-0.2 msec , because I'm testing a FFT alghorithm which finishes execution of its code very quickly ~125000 nanosec?In order to perform precise timing I needed to increase data set size to more than 4096 points.

No. 2ms is minimal value for interval, I recommend.

0 Kudos
rohit_t_
Beginner

thanks peter !

error resolved ! reducing the time -interval to 2ms did work !

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>No. 2ms is minimal value for interval, I recommend.>>>

Thank you Peter.

0 Kudos