Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

vtune resolve is looking in /tmp/amplxe-tmp-<host_uername> when files are in /tmp/amplxe-tmp-root

jlarsen
Beginner

I am trying to profile a remote embedded linux target.

The target can only run as root.

When I run the vtune-gui application on my linux host system I run it as <host_username>.

After the vtune analysis, in the collection log tab, I get a bunch of error like these:

Cannot locate debugging information for file "/tmp/amplxe-tmp-<host_username>/modules.ssh_root@<ip>/<some_dir>

Is there some way to tell the host run vtune to use the target username (root in this case) when looking for these files?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jlarsen
Beginner

jlarsen@wahoo:~$ /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2022.3.0/bin64/vtune --version
Intel(R) VTune(TM) Profiler 2022.3.0 (build 624050) Command Line Tool
Copyright (C) 2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

root@VP-0993e5:~# cat /tmp/amplxe-log-root/2022-06-22-18-31-47-694995.amplxe-runss/build_info.txt
Linux VP-0993e5 4.19.152-intel-pk-standard #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 8 18:11:40 UTC 2021 x86_64

Product name: Intel VTune Profiler, build 624050 (Release)

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Can you please answer the following questions:

• Can you please tell me the name of the operating system and processor details you are using? (If Linux, please specify the distribution like Centos7,8, Ubuntu18,20, etc)
  • Are you trying remote system profiling with Vtune? (If yes, please specify the host operating system and target operating system)
  • You mentioned you ran Vtune analysis and observed some errors in the logs. If those are warnings, please ignore them. If possible, attach screenshots for our better understanding.
  • Please attach self-checker logs by running the below command.
<Vtune_installation_directory\latest\bin64\vtune-self-checker.bat> for windows.

<Vtune_installation_directory\latest\bin64\vtune-self-checker.sh> for linux.
  • If possible, attach a sample reproducer and screenshots. so we can reproduce your issue from our end.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
jlarsen
Beginner

Host: Ubuntu 20.04

Target: root@VP-0993e5:~# uname -a
Linux VP-0993e5 4.19.152-intel-pk-standard #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 8 18:11:40 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am trying to remote system profiling with vtune.

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

You want Vtune to look into this directory (/tmp/amplxe-tmp-root). With the help of the (-target-install-dir=/tmp/amplxe-tmp-root) flag, you can say vtune to look into a particular directory.

Please go through the below screenshot.

JaideepK_Intel_0-1656312102227.png

Cannot locate debugging information for file - This is a known warning. Please ignore that.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues. Have a great day ahead.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos