Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

vtune: vcs/collectunits1/tmu/src/tmu.c:568 alloc_buf: Assertion 'buf->head != ((void *)0)' failed.

EtoDemerzel0427
Beginner

I was trying to profile the intel MLCommon's submission of DLRM(inference_results_v1.0/closed/Intel/code/dlrm-99.9/pytorch at master · mlcommons/inference_results_v1.0 (github.com)).

I installed the newest vtune(Intel(R) oneAPI VTune(TM) Profiler 2021.5.0 (build 618064) Command Line Tool), and my machine is an hpc machine with 4 sockets  Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8268 CPU @ 2.90GHz with 1.9 T Intel Optane PMem installed. In other words, all the code, and hardware are from Intel XD.

During profiling I encountered this error during the dataset processing stage:

vcs/collectunits1/tmu/src/tmu.c:568 alloc_buf: Assertion 'buf->head != ((void *)0)' failed.

And the profiling ends immediately. Do you have any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums. Could you please share with us the following details,

1. OS details
  2. Type of profiling you are doing
  3. Steps to reproduce the error

Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please confirm if your issue is resolved? Please let us know if the issue still persists

Thanks

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos