Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Altera: MIPI D-PHY 2.5Gb support

DavidF
Employee

We need to implement MIPI (D-PHY) 2.5Gb Tx on FPGA (four Tx channels, x4 each).

Could you recommend a solution?

Altera FPGA is preferred.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Sorry, I am not familiar with MIPI solution as Intel doesn't offer MIPI solution IP.

However, I do find out Intel FPGA design partner maybe able to help you out here.

Feel free to check out below link and engage with these company directly.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Sorry, I am not familiar with MIPI solution as Intel doesn't offer MIPI solution IP.

However, I do find out Intel FPGA design partner maybe able to help you out here.

Feel free to check out below link and engage with these company directly.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
DavidF
Employee

We use in our projects for automotive applications the Xilinx FPGA with embedded MIPI IOs (HP banks of Ultrascale+ family).
We’d like to implement Altera in our new designs to reduce the cost.
From your answer I understand that Altera doesn’t have FPGA with embedded MIPI IOs in their production line.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately the answer is NO. MIPI solution doesn't come from Intel directly but rather via Intel design partner house

Anyway, thanks for your interest in using Intel FPGA (formerly Altera).

I am not sure exactly how Intel FPGA design partner build the MIPI IP solution but feel free to engage them before you make up your mind to decide which FPGA to use.

For now, I am setting this case to closure as I won't be able to provide much help for you regarding implementation of MIPI solution.

Anyway, you are always welcome to post in this forum community for any enquiry regarding Intel FPGA

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos