Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txiao9
Beginner

Arria 10 GX Transceiver Native PHY using 64B/66B encoding/deconding in Basic(Enhanced PCS) Transceiver configuration rules.

As far as i know, when using Basic(Enhanced PCS)  Transceiver configuration rules, user has to do the 64B/66B encoding/deconding which is not included in IP core himself . So is there any example with 64B/66B encoding/deconding outside the Transceiver Native PHY using Basic(Enhanced PCS) ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I don't quite understand your question.

I can see the 64B/66B encoder/decoder feature is available in Enhance PCS mode as shown in user guide doc (page 60, table 24)

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

txiao9
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

64B/66B encoder/decoder feature is available in Enhance PCS mode but not the Basic(Enhance PCS),10GBASE-R should be chosen. Please refer to the topic "Arria 10 GX Transceiver PHY will not configure to 64B/66B modes in Enhanced PCS mode", my question is similar with it.

If I have to choose the Basic(Enhance PCS) mode, is there any example with 64B/66B encoder/decoder or scrambler/descrambler outside the Transceiver Native PHY?

Deshi_Intel

HI,

Sorry, I understand what you meant now.

As NativePHY 64b/66b encoder/decoder is mainly designed to compliance with 10GBASE-R protocol only, That's why the feature can't be enabled in Basic (Enhance PCS) mode. User can only enable it when selecting "10GBASE-R" preset in NativePHY IP.

We don't have 64b/66b encoder/decoder example design out of NativePHY IP as this normally will goes into some specific protocol IP solution offered by Intel FPGA (For instance : Ethernet IP or JESD IP).

In short, we sell the feature as part of certain IP solution rather than share it as example design.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

Deshi_Intel

HI,

I don't hear back from you after my feedback suggestion.

I hope my explanation is clear to you.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

txiao9
Beginner

Thank you for your replying,i will reconsider our scheme.​

Deshi_Intel

Alright !