Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, DLA, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
424 Discussions

Estimate Resource error with Quartus 17.1

MFaiz
Beginner

I am stuck with a particular issue, with Quartus 17.1. Currently I am optimizing my cl file for resource utilization. My resource utilization estimate is some where around 90-100%. If I compile the cl with 17.1 its giving the below error, on the other hand if I compile with 18.0 it is generating the resource estimate. Can you please help me with the below error.

PFA log file.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee

The error seems could not give any clue on what had failed.  Are you going to compile it in Q18.0 after as it may be fixed?  ​

HRZ
Valued Contributor II

This is a compiler crash; the reason is likely the aggressive optimization that is trying to remove some local memory buffer that you have used but is not required. I have encountered this crash before. It will be solved if you manually remove the local memory buffer; the way you are using the buffer is likely ineffective and hence, removing it will not degrade performance.