Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, DLA, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
422 Discussions

Facing Partial reconfiguration error, "Error(18853): Running Synthesis on a partial reconfiguration design at the implementation revision is illegal."

UTech
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a GBS file for my custom AFU.

Once the build_synth folder is created by using "afu_synth_setup -- source /path/to/filelist.txt build_synth", I'm opening dcp.qpf(cd build_synth/build) in Quartus GUI and running compilation.

In Analysis and Synthesis, I'm getting the following error related to Partial Reconfiguration.

Error(18853): Running Synthesis on a partial reconfiguration design at the implementation revision is illegal.

Technical Details:

Software : Quartus Prime Pro 17.1.1

FPGA : Intel Arria X (10AX115N2F40E2LG)

Any suggestions on resolving this error will be helpful.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, the error implies that we do not run synthesis on a partial reconfiguration design at the implementation revision.

AN 797: Partially Reconfiguring a Design could guide you on the compilation flow for PR design.

UTech
Beginner