Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Recompiling BSP SW for Windows

SSFyTMT
Novice

Hi,

I'm attempting to recompile the A10 GX Open CL BSP software on Windows 7. I'm trying to follow section 2.4 of "Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA Development Kit Reference Platform Porting Guide".

I've installed make for Windows from gnuWin32. I also have visual studio 2013. When I run make in the hld/board/a10_ref/source director I get the error "acl_pcie.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory"

This seems like a simple environment setup issue, but I don't know how to point it to my "Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\include" director where stddef.h lives.

Has anyone recompiled the BSP software in windows using gnuWin32 make? Are there additional recommendations?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee
Hello sir, This seems to be an issue with visual studio installation. You need to add the installation path to your PATH environment variable. You might start with this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/mwh1391807309901.html#ewa1416586552764 Thanks
0 Kudos
SSFyTMT
Novice

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately pointing me to the most basic getting started guide did not solve the issue. I was able to work through the issue independently.