Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Seems that aocl (openCL ) can't recognize "__prefetching_load" attribute in aocl 19.2??

zjinf
New Contributor I

Hi inteler

Environment: centos 7.5

aocl verison: 19.2.0.57

1 error: implicit declaration of function '__prefetching_load' is invalid in OpenCL                                                                      

2                probe_buf[b].vector[s].data[i] = __prefetching_load(&probe[p   robe_in_addr++]);

from the error hint, it seems that the openCL can't recognize "__prefetching_load" , but it shows on "Intel FPGA SDK for openCL pro edition best practices guide 19.2", it can found similar usage! Dose it need any other compile command???

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

This is an uncommon issues, I need to check internally with this issues.

Can you try to compile the simple example code in Chapter 1.3 as link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/aocl-best-practices-guide.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
zjinf
New Contributor I

HI Mylee

i run the chapter chapter 1.3 case ,still wrong:

aoc: Environment checks are completed successfully.                                                                                                                                                        

aoc: Cached files in /var/tmp/aocl/iot may be used to reduce compilation time

You are now compiling the full flow!!

aoc: Selected target board a10gx

aoc: Running OpenCL parser....

/home/iot/work_example/tmp/prefetch/test.cl:11:35: error: implicit declaration of function '__prefetching_load' is invalid in OpenCL

sum[k] += __prefetching_load(&a[j]);

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

I think the possibility to control the LSU type was added in v19.3 and is not [fully] supported in v19.2. Only the guide from v19.3 has the "Controlling the Load-Store Units" section. The example in Section 1.3 of the v19.2 guide is probably a documentation error that mistakenly introduces an unreleased feature.

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I will need some time to check internally about this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The __prefetching_load() builtin is only available for the OpenCL SDK version 19.3 onward. A simple work around for 19.2 would be to replace

sum[k] += __prefetching_load(&a[j]);

with

sum[k] += a[j];

The old version of this code can be found here https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/archives/aocl-best-practices-guide-19-1.pdf in Chapter 1.3.

There is an documentation error in 19.2 version which use _prefetching_load which is wrong.

I had reported to the team about the documentation error as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos