Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
475 Discussions

The option of aoc 17.1.1 "-fast-compile" cannot work well on Intel pac_a10 board (Intel Harp)

hiratz
Novice

Hi,

aoc's option "-fast-compile" cannot generate the hardware bitstream (aocx file) successfully on Intel pac_a10 board. I'm working on Intel Harp machine and the aoc version is 17.1.1 and the bsp version is 1.1

The complete compilation works well.

Has anyone encountered this too?

The error messages are as follows:

Checking if memory usage is larger than 100% aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully. Compiling for FPGA. This process may take a long time, please be patient. aoc: Hardware generation completed successfully. Error: Could not open afu_opencl_kernel.fit.rpt for reading.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Can you post the full quartus_sh_compile.log file? You might have some space/permission issue though since it seems "hardware generation" is finishing successfully but some error happens when writing the final logs/reports.

0 Kudos
hiratz
Novice

Sure. Actually the quartus_sh_compile.log does not contain any errors. The error messages only are shown on the screen:

"Compiling for FPGA. This process may take a long time, please be patient.

aoc: Hardware generation completed successfully.

Error: Could not open afu_opencl_kernel.fit.rpt for reading.

"

I recompiled them for both task and NDRange versions and they showed the same errors above. Please see the attached log files. I changed their names by adding a suffix "ndrange" and "task", respectively.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Indeed the logs do not show any errors. If you get that error reliably every time you try to use fast-compile on the Harp Machine, it is possible that fast-compile is not supported there. Maybe one of the Intel-affiliated moderators can weigh in on this.

0 Kudos
hiratz
Novice

Yea, I guess so too. I will ask them later. Thanks!

0 Kudos