Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Vector_add compilation failed on Intel FPGA for SDK 20.3

JBorr6
Novice

Hello,

I tried to compile the vector_add sample code on Intel FPGA SDK for Opencl version  20.3 with my host pc in Ubuntu 16.04, 4.4 generic kernel and a de10_pro development board with Stratix 10 FPGA.

The diagnostics passed after I install the driver but when I tried compiling the vector_add sample code, I got the following error:

Error: Can't run the Timing Analyzer (quartus_sta) -- Fitter (quartus_fit) failed or was not run. Run the Fitter (quartus_fit) successfully before running the Timing Analyzer (create_timing_netlist).
Error: Quartus Prime Timing Analyzer was unsuccessful. 1 error, 0 warnings
Error: Quartus Fitter has failed! Breaking execution...
Error (23035): Tcl error:
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script compile_script.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Compiler Database Interface was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 0 warnings
For more details, full Quartus compile output can be found in files quartuserr.tmp and quartus_sh_compile.log.
Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

What would be the cause of this error? I also attached the quartus_sh_compile.log for further reference.

Regards,

Justine

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ruiz__Mariano
Beginner

Hi,

I have got exactly the same issue.

Is there any solution for this?

Regards, Mariano Ruiz

0 Kudos
JBorr6
Novice

Hello,

I believe this is some problem with the 20.3 version you can try the following options for a temporary workaround for this issue

20.3 / Ubuntu 18.04.5 with default Gnome3 Desktop with english language & regional format settings : no SIN Internal error anymore

20.3 / Ubuntu 18.04.5 with KDE Plasma Desktop with english language but german regional format settings : no SIN Internal error

20.3 / Ubuntu 18.04.5 with default Gnome3 Desktop with english language but german regional format settings : = SIN Internal error

You can also try to change the Regional Format to English (US), then programming the image into FLASH. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Quantitative_Finance
New Contributor I

What is up with Intel and its support.  I have a similar problem.  These boards costs several thousands of dollars plus the cost of the toolsets.  Can we get a response please...

D:\Users\RM\Documents\Development\IntelFPGA\tests\hello_world>aoc device\hello_world.cl -o bin\hello_world.aocx -board=s10_sh2e1_4Gx2 -v
aoc: Environment checks completed successfully.
Quartus location: D:/intelFPGA_pro/20.3/quartus/bin64/quartus_sh.EXE
aoc: Cached files in C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Local\aocl may be used to reduce compilation time
You are now compiling the full flow!!
aoc: Selected target board package d:\intelFPGA_pro\20.3\hld\de10_pro
aoc: Selected target board s10_sh2e1_4Gx2
aoc: Running OpenCL parser....
aoc: OpenCL parser completed
aoc: Linking Object files....
aoc: Optimizing and doing static analysis of code...
aoc: Linking with IP library ...
aoc: Checking if memory usage is larger than 100%...
aoc: Memory usage is not above 100.
aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully.
aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete. Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets. If the reports indicate performance targets are not being met, code edits may be required. Please refer to the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Best Practices Guide for information on performance tuning applications for FPGAs.
Error (37028): Cannot generate Atom Netlist File because family Stratix 10 is not installed
Error (37003): Can't generate Atom Netlist File for device family Stratix 10
Error (16546): Cannot load final database - ensure all earlier stages of the compiler have completed.
Error (37028): Cannot generate Atom Netlist File because family Stratix 10 is not installed
Error (17941): The design could not be loaded due to errors.
Error: design::import_design -file base.qdb -overwrite failed!
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script d:/intelfpga_pro/20.3/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qatm_import_design.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Compiler Database Interface was unsuccessful. 14 errors, 0 warnings
Error (23035): Tcl error:
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script compile_script.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Compiler Database Interface was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings
For more details, full Quartus compile output can be found in files quartuserr.tmp and quartus_sh_compile.log.
Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

D:\Users\RM\Documents\Development\IntelFPGA\tests\hello_world>

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

@Quantitative_Finance The error messages in your log very clearly outline the source of the problem: you have not installed Startix 10 device support.

0 Kudos