Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

What is the max total current output/sink about all pins of Cyclone IV ?

CooperWeng
Beginner

I use the EP4CE6F17C8N in my system. When I setting the IO standard to 3.3V-LVTTL, I can select the current strength to 8mA(MAX). Is there have a limitation about the total current output or sink? I can't find this information in the handbook.

If I setting all pins' current strength to 8mA, is meaning all the pins can reach this value at the same time? Or there have some limitations on it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The maximum IOH/IOL Current Strength for IO Standard 3.3-V LVTTL is 8mA. There is no limitation mentioned in our document but the programmable current strength setting has an impact on the amount of DC current that an output pin can source or sink. Determine if the current strength setting
is sufficient for the external resistive load condition on the output pin. Yes, and as long as you follow the guideline in the handbook your device should be fine. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The maximum IOH/IOL Current Strength for IO Standard 3.3-V LVTTL is 8mA. There is no limitation mentioned in our document but the programmable current strength setting has an impact on the amount of DC current that an output pin can source or sink. Determine if the current strength setting
is sufficient for the external resistive load condition on the output pin. Yes, and as long as you follow the guideline in the handbook your device should be fine. 

0 Kudos