Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

qsub: submit error (Unauthorized Request MSG=group ACL is not satisfied: user uxxxxx@login-2, queue batch)

mahinlma
New Contributor I

Unable to connect - Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL , I required GUI to access quartus tools. please help me to get those nodes with X2GO tunneling access

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you are using devcloud for FPGA? Could you provide the step you used to performed Qsub and the node you used?

0 Kudos
mahinlma
New Contributor I

@JohnT_Intel​ ,

from login-2 node, I ran "devcloud_login" and selected option 1-Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL

getting this response - running: qsub -q batch@v-qsvr-fpga -I -l nodes=s005-n005:ppn=2

qsub: submit error (Unauthorized Request MSG=group ACL is not satisfied: user uxxxxx@login-2, queue batch)

I'm able to connect only option 2- Arria 10 OneAPI

Required to access Intel Quartus tool GUI by connecting x2goclient . Please help me to solve this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It looks like you only register to devcloud for oneAPI. In order to use the Arria 10 PAC with RTL or OpenCL then you will need to request for the access to devcloud for FPGA. You can signup from https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/devcloud/fpga.html.

After signing up, you will have access to both oneAPI and FPGA devcloud

0 Kudos
mahinlma
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.

I did sign up. I received mail stating "Thank you for contact us. we will get back you shortly".

There is no access provided , could you please let me know, how long it will take to get access.

But I'm able to perform aoc compilation with oneAPI FPGA node. hardware also built successfully.

please let me know, any other way to connect GUI for oneAPI FPGA nodes.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It will take around 24hours.

If you are using OneAPI then unfortunately it will not support GUI. Only devcloud for FPGA support GUI but it is only used for normal RTL and OpenCL flow.

0 Kudos
mahinlma
New Contributor I

Thank you. @JohnT_Intel​ .

I will check after 24 hours.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you received the access to devcloud for FPGA?

0 Kudos
mahinlma
New Contributor I

Received Access.

But facing issue with GUI access with x2goclient. Please help me to fix this.

Never setted password with devcloud account

Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 8.27.15 AM.png

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know how do you setup and run x2go? Do you follow the guide in https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/Devcloud_Access_Instructions#61-opening-port-for-graphics-usage-in-x2go?

You need to login into the devcloud node before executing "ssh -L 4002:s001-n137:22 devcloud" (if you are using node s001-n137) before you are able to launch x2go.

0 Kudos
mahinlma
New Contributor I

@JohnT_Intel​ , followed the same link.

but Not MobaXterm, I'm using ubuntu command terminal .

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you performed the step as below?

1. Execute "devcloud_login"
  2. Select Arria 10 PAC or Stratix 10 PAC
  3. Open new terminal and execute "ssh -L 4002:s00x-n1xx:22 devcloud" depending on the node that you login
  4. Connect X2GO.

May I know which node are you connected if you are still facing the issue? Could you provide the full log on your terminal?

0 Kudos
mahinlma
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Glad to be able to help you

0 Kudos