Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

Blender - crash with OpenGL selection

Antony_Riakiotakis

Hi,

We have an issue in blender that looks like it's caused by the Intel driver.

The report is at:

https://developer.blender.org/T43713

And the reporter provides a file to reproduce the issue.

Graphics card is HD4600

Any build from builder.blender.org might have the issue though we have been unable to reproduce it with our dev team.

Below is a picture that should show how to reproduce the issue after opening the provided in the report file.

Cube Surfer.blend_.png

0 Kudos
47 Replies
Aaron_C_
Beginner

Malcolm M. wrote:

I've just installed blender 2.7.4 on a new machine, Windows 8.1, Radeon R7, OpenGL Version 6.14.10. It's using the bundled Python 

As soon as I try an OpenGL render, even of the default scene, Blender crashes out with exactly this stack trace (except for the hex addresses) in blender,crash.txt.

It reports EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION on the console.

I've installed the latest graphics driver.

Radeon R7 is not Intel therefor intel cant do anything about it you can try checking with amd or it might be on blender sides in which case feel free to vist developer.blender.org

0 Kudos
Malcolm_M_
Beginner

Yes, I know it's not Intel, but the identity of stack trace strongly indicates it's the same problem. Some issue with openGL versions would be my guess, rather than more something more hardware specific. The fact that it doesn't seem to be hardware specific should help debug it.

Google hits on the issue seem pretty sparse.

0 Kudos
Aaron_C_
Beginner

This issue is on open gl select crashing i would go to developer.blender.org and report it there so that developers can see if its from blender or your hardware

0 Kudos
Antony_Riakiotakis

I am terribly sorry for causing this confusion with stack traces but I will say it once more here: Those stack traces are invalid (and are disabled for the next blender release with a clear warning). For anyone coming here with the same backtrace, this is NOT the same issue, the backtrace will be the same for all crashes unless a debug build of blender is used.

I don't think this will be the last we hear from this, but I tried.

0 Kudos
Antony_Riakiotakis

Any news? We have a duplicate report in our tracker https://developer.blender.org/T44917

0 Kudos
Aaron_C_
Beginner

hey anynews we have not heard anything from you for a while

0 Kudos