Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
509 Discussions

Error writing to certain bindless UAVs on Intel Arc

GlassBeaver
Beginner

I'm writing a game in DirectX 12 and have come across a bug with my Intel Arc A750 that doesn't seem to show up on my NVIDIA and AMD cards.
When I try to write to certain UAVs from a compute shader via ResourceDescriptorHeap[], nothing seems to happen - the writes fail, no data is written.
If however I add a dummy view (either an SRV or a UAV) to the heap right before the faulty UAV in question, i.e. one index before it then the writes will succeed.
This doesn't happen for every view and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which.
My NVIDIA and AMD GPUs don't exhibit this bug at all. I'm using the SM6.6 bindless model for accessing resources on the GPU.
I'm on the latest Intel Arc drivers (32.0.101.6083), latest version of Windows 11 (22631.4317) and latest version of the DX12 Agility SDK (614).
I'm testing my game on 5 test GPUs and the Steam Deck and only the Intel card is exhibiting this problem.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
karen_intel

Heeey @GlassBeaver welcome to the Intel Indie Game Dev Support Forum

We'll need a couple things to start looking into this behavior

Please have a look at this post. We'll basically need a small project that shows this issue to test this on Intel and other brands

Ty for the details you've shared beforehand and please share the example + instructions as soon as you can

Looking forward to hear from you!

Karen

0 Kudos
GlassBeaver
Beginner

Hi, thanks for getting back. Can I send all that privately & securely to Intel?

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Sure! Please send me an email .

Once we've verified everything internally, we will update this post with the next steps for the community to be aware of.

Karen

0 Kudos