Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Intel Graphics HD4600 that DVI (Primary) / HDMI (Secondly) display output is reversed by Win+P.

Junan_C_1
Beginner
Dear Sir,

We use the Intel sharkbay platform to do our motherboard design,

The PCH is Q87, CPU is Haswell DT CPU,
There isn't have local panel, Our primary display output is through DVI interface.
The system OS is Windows 7 SP1

We uses Intel generic graphics driver 10.18.10.3325 and VBIOS/GOP.
Now, We encounter the trouble when connect the HDMI is secondly display output.

[Explain]
C
urrent setting Port B is DVI output and define to primary output,
Port C is HDMI and define to secondly output.

If we connect DVI(primary) and HDMI(secondly) device at the same time and switch display output by "WinKey" + P,
The expect behavior should be DVI device ouput when set LCD only, and HDMI ouput when set projector only,

But we got the reversed result, (HDMI output when set LCD only and DVI output when set projector only).
We have no such experience how to deal with it, Therefore,

Could you please help to check how to get expect behavior by Intel GOP/VBIOS or graphics driver point of view ?
Thank you very much.

[Port B settings for DVI]
Device 1 (EFP1)
- Close Window
- Integrated DVI Only
- HDMI-B
- Integrated HDMI-B DDC GPIO Pins
- N/A
- 800mV 0.0dB Active Level Shifter/Cost Reduced Level Shifter
- No
- Select DisplayPort Redriver Configuration(Dock/OnBoard)

[Port C settings for HDMI]
Device 2 (EFP2)
- Close Window
- Integrated HDMI/DVI
- HDMI-C
- Integrated HDMI-C DDC GPIO Pins
- N/A
- 800mV 0.0dB Active Level Shifter/Cost Reduced Level Shifter
- No
- Select DisplayPort Redriver Configuration(Dock/OnBoard)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hello,

3325 is a pretty old driver. I suggest trying the latest driver and seeing if you issue still occurs:

15.36.24.4264 32 bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25233/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-32bit

15.36.24.4264 64 bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25232/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64bit

0 Kudos
Junan_C_
Beginner

Hi Michael Coppock,

Nice to meet you,

I have tested what you say gfx driver, but the result still the same, issue still occurred.

Orz...

By the way, Do you know the Intel BMP utility ?

If you known this, Can you tell me how could I settings the "Display Device Toggle Lists" ?

Thanks

All the best,
Angus

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I am, very busy right now. I am trying to get a hold of someone on the display side of the driver team to help you. This forum is for Game Developers optimizing their games for Intel graphics, which is where my expertise is. I have used the BMP tool but not in many years so I need to find someone who can help.

-Michael

0 Kudos