Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

1PPS input on i210IS. SDP0-3 details for Linux driver.

SergejDziuba
Beginner

Dear Representative,

We just almost complete our schematics design based on SoC on Linux + i210IS chip + SFP module.

But we can't find exact information about 1PPS input signal for i210IS and also detailed information about possible functions supported by Linux drivers for all SDP0..3 pins.

So, please, if possible, provide us with following information:

1. Complete description of 1PPS signals on SDP pins;

2. Complete descriptions of all possible configurations of SDP0..3 pins which are supported by Linux drivers.

Thank you!

Looking forward your answers!

Sergej.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SergejDziuba,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

After checking, please be informed that this will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team since your query involves customization. We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance.

Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SergejDziuba,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please allow us to further check your query. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SergejDziuba,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

After checking, please be informed that this will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team since your query involves customization. We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance.

Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
SergejDziuba
Beginner

Hello!

Thank you for answer.

Still waiting for your support.

Sergej.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @SergejDziuba:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You should address as a reference your open source questions to the channels listed on the following website:

https://01.org/community

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
SergejDziuba
Beginner

Dear Carlos,

I really confused about such answer. Why do we need ask another community about pins functions of i210IS Ethernet PHY from Intel?

Can you please clarify your answer.

Once again: 

1. 1PPS signal: can we assign any of SDP0..3 pin to 1PPS in/out? Do these pins have adequate characteristics?

2. What about another functions of SDP0..3 pins: power control of SFP module, TX Fault signal, module presence signal? Does i210IS have any special hardware reaction for these signals? 

Thank you!

Sergej.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @SergejDziuba:

Thanks for your clarification.

We want to address the following question:

Could you please clarify if this situation is related to the following forum?
https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/1-8V-clock-generator-for-i210IS/m-p/1306563#M3296

However, we suggest following the suggestions stated in the cited thread.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
SergejDziuba
Beginner

The following topic(https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/1-8V-clock-generator-for-i210IS/m-p/1306563#M3296) is for same our project, but it is different question. 

So, do you suggest to join these questions together?

Thank you!

Sergej.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @SergejDziuba:

Thanks for your reply.

We mean that at this point you need an EDC privileged account to give you information that may help you, as is stated in the mentioned thread.

Due to this fact, please let us know as soon as your account will be updated.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos