Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

EEPROM Access Tool (V 0.7.9) I211 Flash in UBUNTU18.04 for Tegra (ARM64, r32.4.2, Jetson Xavier NX)

RChua1
Novice

Hi

Eepromaccesstool 0.7.9 Dump error message "Check command open to write error" appears, (nvidia01-1.jpg)the dumped OTP file is empty 0.

If the flash has the wrong hex file, how to flash back?
Check the document "ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf" 2.15 / 2.24. How to change "iNVM word address 0xA, bit 15 is set to 1b"? and Check the document "I211-Ethernet Controller-datasheet.pdf" 3.2.3, How to enable "SECURITY_EN"?
We have tried to pull pin12 down but the result is the same.

After we try to replace nVIDIA NX with nVIDIA Jatson NANO processor, we can successfully flash (nano-01.jpg).

After the community’s private message was updated in July, we did not read any more messages,
If you must use private messages, please attach email:   <removed>

Best regards,

24 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RChua1:

We are glad that you have received our emails.

We confirm this because of the following phrase mentioned in your last communication: “it should be created using the Springville product, Software/Driver/OS Case Category, and Tool Case Subcategory" is also included in our emails sent to you.

However, your previous communication shows that you misunderstood them because this phrase is unrelated to Intel forums or communities.

Due to this fact, please review again our private messages and follow the suggestions stated there.

Best regards.

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
RChua1
Novice

hi @CarlosAM_INTEL &@AlfredoS_Intel 
  Please do not use Private Messages, because I cannot receive any messages, If you must use private messages, please attach email:  <removed>.

We have already reflected "June 22 Community after the Community update, the Private Messages disappeared" on July 9, including: July 13/15/16 all have pictures that provide private messages and cannot or did not receive any messages.
  We have no private messages since June 22nd, 2020, and we log in every day to check if there is any message. Can you tell us the message directly by email?

https://imgur.com/SSy1R0u

Best regards.

0 Kudos
陈魁
Beginner

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?  Looking forward to your reply, thank you!

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @陈魁:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to modify the 0xA bit 15 to 1. You can find this information in section 3.2 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I211: Datasheet document # 333017. It can be found on the following website:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/333017

Also, you need to change the i211 invm.txt and load it using the EEprom Access Tool (EAT).

Please let us know if this suggestion may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos