Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
848 Discussions

I am looking for a step file for X550-BT2.

RDeBa
Beginner

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello RDeBa,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For me to further understand and assist you. Can you confirm if you are designing a system with this NIC?

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RDeBa
Beginner
Michael, I have an embedded design the uses the ELX550BT2 S LL2G Ethernet Controller. Not the NIC. I am requesting a 3D model (step file) for the ELX550BT2 S LL2G. Regards, Rene Rene DeBacker Hardware Engineering E: rdebacker@futurex.com<mailto:rdebacker@futurex.com> O: +1 (830) 980-9782 x1377 Enterprise encryption & key management solutions for securing the world’s most sensitive data.
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello RDeBa,

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

You may also try to post your inquiry here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RDeBa​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please let us know the propose to request this file?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
RDeBa
Beginner
We are building a board that utilizes an X550-BT2 Ethernet controller. Previous version had an X540. We add step files for all components to the PCB for mechanical visualization in our chassis, and to understand what areas of the board require special cooling. We prefer that the manufacturers provide the files – especially for complex devices with dies that require cooling. I can create a monolithic block based on max dimensions in the datasheet but it is not as effective. Regards, Rene Rene DeBacker Hardware Engineering E: rdebacker@futurex.com<mailto:rdebacker@futurex.com> O: +1 (830) 980-9782 x1377 Enterprise encryption & key management solutions for securing the world’s most sensitive data.
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RDeBa​:

Thanks for your reply.

In order to help you we will contact you via email.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
RDeBa
Beginner
Are there any updates on this step file request for the X550-BT2 Ethernet controller? Regards, Rene Rene DeBacker Hardware Engineering E: rdebacker@futurex.com<mailto:rdebacker@futurex.com> O: +1 (830) 980-9782 x1377 Enterprise encryption & key management solutions for securing the world’s most sensitive data.
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RDeBa​:

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell us if you have received our email sent to you the past 10/24/2019?

We are waiting for your confirmation.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
RDeBa
Beginner
Yes I did. I was waiting for you to contact me via email. Regards, Rene Rene DeBacker Hardware Engineering E: rdebacker@futurex.com<mailto:rdebacker@futurex.com> O: +1 (830) 980-9782 x1377 Enterprise encryption & key management solutions for securing the world’s most sensitive data.
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RDeBa​:

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your confirmation, could you please tell us if you understand the suggestions stated in the cited email or not?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
RDeBa
Beginner
Here are the contents of the 10/24 email [cid:image001.png@01D594A2.9BD7C680] It is my understanding that Intel will contact me via email regarding the step file. I don’t see any suggestions. Regards, Rene Rene DeBacker Hardware Engineering E: rdebacker@futurex.com<mailto:rdebacker@futurex.com> O: +1 (830) 980-9782 x1377 Enterprise encryption & key management solutions for securing the world’s most sensitive data.
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RDeBa​:

Thanks for your update.

Unfortunately the image that you have attached is not visible. We are going to send again the email with the procedure that you should follow.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos