Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

Resolution issue on HDMI with Elkhart Lake processor

Ronny
Beginner

We believe the Linux video driver for Elkhart is not ready yet. If that's true please let us know the ETA of the driver readiness.

Issue detail as below:
I have been evaluating the Advantech AIMB-218 board (with Elkhart Lake CPU) for use on our Application Platform. I am running into an issue with Linux detecting the Display adapter properly.
I have tried SUSE SLED 15, Service Pack 2 as well as Service pack 3 , and well as the latest Ubuntu, and Neither distro appear to be able to select a display adapter that allows the resolution beyond VGA 800x600 resolution when using the HDMI connector.
We did not have such problems with the AIMB-217 board. Is there a specific driver or support package for Linux that must be installed for the display adapter in the AIMB-218 ?

More inform as below:
1) AIMB-218 datasheet:
https://advdownload.advantech.com/productfile/PIS/AIMB-218/file/AIMB-218_DS(070621)20210706182648.pdf
2) AIMB-217 datasheet:
https://advdownload.advantech.com/productfile/PIS/AIMB-217/file/AIMB-217-A2_DS(101420)20201014115351.pdf

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Ronny:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following questions to understand the mentioned situation:

Could you please let us know the part number of the processor related to this situation?

Could you please clarify the procedure followed to obtain the cited driver?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
Ronny
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

The board I tested on is with CPU J6425. (See attachment) I just run the Ubuntu21.04 with kernel 5.11.0-17-generic, then I saw the issue. Let me know if you have any question.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Ronny:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address associated with this account with suggestions that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos