Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

Serial IO GPIO driver

Lildenty
Beginner
Hi. I have a Dell Embedded 5000 Pc with your Intel Serial IO GPIO drivers installed to run the GPIO pins.

But I can’t find any example code or other people which have got these working.

I have example code for Ubuntu but not for windows 10. And I’ve tested Windows.Devices.GPIO C# code with it not finding the GPIO device.

Am missing something to get these GPIO running ?

Thanks

Jonathan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello, @Lildenty ,

OEM companies sometimes customize their drivers or put firmware limitations that we are not aware, of you need to make sure that the firmware exposes the correct interfaces.

Since you are using a third-party OEM device, the best support is through the manufacturer, in this case, Dell Support.

Best Regards,
@Adolfo_S_Intel 

0 Kudos
Lildenty
Beginner
It just strange how when I search ‘intel Serial IO GPIO driver’ the same driver / issues on a number of different OEM systems with GPIO interfaces shows up.

Seems Everyone has struggled to get them to work on windows. With no visible solution across the board.
0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello @Lildenty 

As mentioned the GPIO driver expects certain interfaces to be exposed by the firmware.

It is up to the OEM manufacturers if they want to make them available to the Windows 10 driver or not, this is not a decision Intel can bypass.

For this reason, you must work closely with your OEM to get the required information from the firmware to make the driver work.

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez

0 Kudos