Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

WGI211-AT EEPROM Flash Utility for ARM

CVanc
Beginner

Hi there,

Working on bringing up an IMX6 Linux board and noticed I will need to program the WGI211-AT Gbe controller. It shows up in lspci as "01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 1532 (rev 03)". According to the data sheet this ID indicates there is no firmware and the part is not pre programmed.

I take it this is the right place to request the EEPROM flashing utility and firmware for the controller that can be used by an ARM processor?

Thanks,

Carroll
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello cvance,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand your request, could you please give us all the information (such pictures, datasheet, manufacturer, and others) of the "IMX6 Linux board" related to your request?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CVanc
Beginner

Carlos, the board is a custom PCB using an IMX6Q processor based on the SabreSD (imx6q-sabresd) reference design from NXP/Freescale. We are using PCIe for the WGI211-AT instead of an empty connector in our board.

Since the part does not come pre programmed I need a way to write firmware to it.

Carroll

0 Kudos
CVanc
Beginner

For further clarification I am asking for eepromARMtool and firmware images that can be used to program the part.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello cvance,

Thanks for your reply.

We will contact you via email.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos