Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

i.210 ethernet controller upon changing MAC id it retains on first power cycle, but from second power cycle, MAC id restores to a default value.

APrab6
Beginner

Using Lanconf utility for changing MAC id. And security feature is disabling while flashing to external flash memory. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @APrab6​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please clarify if the affected project is your design or a third- party one? In case that it is a third-party device, could you please inform the name of the manufacturer, its model, the part number, and where its documentation is stated? On the other hand, could you please list the sources that you have used to design it and if it has been verified by Intel?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
APrab6
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your immediate reaction.

This is my design and major datum is reference schematics provided by Intel. The design is not verified by Intel.

Please let me know any further information is required.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @APrab6​:

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please let us know how many units of the project related to this circumstance have been manufactured? How many are affected? Could you please give the failure rate?

Could you please provide topside markings pictures of the controllers associated with this issue?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
APrab6
Beginner

This project is under prototype stage. Currently out of 10 unit, one unit has the issue. Die marking for the IC is WGI210AT.

i210.JPG

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @APrab6​:

Thanks for your update.

Based on your previous communication, could you please swap one unaffected i210 device with the affected and let us know the results of this change?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos