Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

insmod i40e driver error

deven_zhu
Beginner

the i40e eth driver used version is  i40e-2.10.19.82

when we insmod this eth driver, insmod command enter D status(TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE) and its stack shows:

the older eth driver version(not sure which version) not enter D status during insmod, but cause the kernel dmesg shows:

1111111.png

Is this a known problem?and is there any way around it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
deven_zhu
Beginner

the stack show:

20201021-204403(eSpace).png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello deven_zhu,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, let me clarify first if you are designing a system with embedded Intel network card?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
deven_zhu
Beginner

yes, some server products of our company are using i40e network card.

This problem has caused some influence on our version release. If this issue fixed, please let me know as soon as possible.

thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello deven_zhu,

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @deven_zhu:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest using the latest version of the cited driver (Version: 2.13.10) and let us know the results. You can find it on the following website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24411/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCIe-40-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Connections-Under-Linux-

In case the problem persists, could you please let us know if the affected NIC card has been developed by you or by another developer? Could you please inform the name of the manufacturer, part number, and model of the affected units if they are developed by another company? On the other hand, could you please inform the part number of the Ethernet controller related to the affected design if it has been developed by you? 

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
deven_zhu
Beginner

when we upgrade the version of firmware, Both driver version work ok.

Thanks for your suggestion

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @deven_zhu:

Thanks for your reply.

We are glad that our suggestion solved your problem.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any problem related to Intel Embedded products. 

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos