Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
851 Discussions

move igb driver code for I350 to UBOOT

xianm
Beginner

i want to move igb driver code for I350 to UBOOT,Is there a tutorial?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xianm,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your request.

1.) Is the I350 embedded on your motherboard? If yes, please provide information regarding the motherboard. If no, share the PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. Please be reminded not to share the whole Serial number to avoid exposing confidential information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2.) Operating System used

3.) Kindly share more information regarding the intended setup

Awaiting to hear from you,

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
xianm
Beginner

Thank you for response,

the I350 is embedded on motherboard,I350 through PCIE x4 link to my CPU,I350 out to four MDI link RJ45,media type is copper,i download igb-5.4.6.tar.gz,i want to move this code to uboot,the version of uboot is 2013.10;

are these information enough?

look forward to hearing from you,

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xianm,

You're welcome.

We've sent an email as we will be requesting for Intel® System Support Utility(SSU) logs from your system. We may need to provide this to our engineers as we further check your request.

Please be reminded to attach the SSU logs when replying to our email and not on this thread to avoid exposing sensitive information.

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will make sure to reach out after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
xianm
Beginner

hello Crisselle C,

i have received your email,

but my question is about my customization board ,is useful to usr SSU software?

i want to realize the I350 drive under UBOOT on my board.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xianm,

Thank you for the swift response.

Since your query involves customized board, please be informed that your query will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
xianm
Beginner

hello Crisselle C,

OK,thank you,

look forward to Embedded Connectivity Support team reply.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @xianm:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following questions to understand the reported situation:

Could you please let us know the versions and the procedure followed to obtain the drivers related to this situation?

Could you please let us know if the affected device is your own design or it is a third-party one? 

We are waiting for your answers to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
xianm
Beginner

hello carlosAM,

the board is own design,UBOOT version is 2013.10,IGB version is igb-5.4.6

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @xianm:

Thanks for your reply.

However, could you please let us know the steps that you did to obtain the driver related to this situation?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
xianm
Beginner

hello carlos,

1、i move igb-5.4.6 to /drivers/net/ in uboot code,add igb-5.4.6 fold to Makefile in /drivers/net/, it is build sucess,

2、add E1000 define in config file,build e1000.c,i350 device have found,but cant ping to PC,

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @xianm:

Thanks for your reply.

Please let me paraphrase my last question.

Could you please where do you download the driver related to this thread?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos