Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

warm boot doesnt reinitialize i210. cold boot works correctly. when looking at igb_probe the hwaddr cannot be read, it always returns same value regardless of offset. does 1531 have different shutdown requirements than 157b

ovanr
Beginner

os linux kernel 4.18

i210 old parts 157b, new parts all 1531

processor imx6 family of cpus.

connection to i210 is pcie.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ovanr,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please share the following information for us to check on your query.

1.) What is the exact Operating System (OS) used?

2.) Driver version loaded on your system.

3.) PBA and serial number of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

We look forward to hear form you.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ovanr
Beginner
This issue is on an embedded design that uses freescale imx6 quadcore to talk to i210 chip. The imx6 is running linux 4.18. The intel driver for i210 is version 5.4.0-k This is not an adaptor application so no information for adapter. The intel device information The i210 details are I210 AT – industrial Date code 1829AP The previous devices had date code of 14XXAT always worked correctly with same OS and same intel driver. The code path in i210 igb driver appear the same for i210 device id 157b and device id 1531, yet the id 1531 behave differently for warm boot.
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ovanr,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Please allow us to further investigate on this. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Hoping for you patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ovanr
Beginner
Hi, Thank you for the faq document. We have verified that the hardware currently satisfies the requirements with a resistor on pin 12. Our case does not use an external flash. I have seen the following boot up scenarios using this configuration 1. Cold boot returns device id 157b, and works correctly 2. Warm boot returns device id 1531 and driver loads but the unit can not read/write invm. So i210 can not be used.
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @ovanr​:

Thanks for your reply.

We want more information to have a better idea of this situation, we need to address the following questions:

Could you please let us know how many units of the project related to this circumstance have been manufactured? How many are affected? Could you please give the failure rate?

Could you please give pictures of the top side markings of the affected Ethernet controllers?

Could you please let us know the sources (documents, schematics, and others) that you have used to develop the affected design? Please include document number, revision, and version of the sources.

Could you please inform us if this design has been reviewed by Intel?

We are waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
ovanr
Beginner
Hi are you referring to our internal documents, if so we need to have an NDA between companies.
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @ovanr​:

Thanks for your update.

We have contacted via email with suggestions to solve this inconvenience.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ovanr,

Appreciate your patience on this matter.

After checking, your query will be best answered by our Embedded Support team, we will help you to move this post to the designated team. Please feel free to contact us if you may have any other inquiries in the future.

May you have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @ovanr​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on the provided information, we suggest you verify that the affected design is unrelated to the condition stated in the answer to the question 2.23, on page 9 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] document # 335346. This document can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/faqs/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos