Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

which image should I choose for EepromARMTool

bweip
Novice

I use the 4Mb flash SST25VF040B. The I210-CS port is SGMII and connect to a SGMII switch(KSZ9477STXI). When I find in the image folder named 513655, there are only two image: 8Mb and 16Mb. Which image should I choose? no image for 4Mb.

1.png

2.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @bweip​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The first change of the release 3.11, on the page 1 of the Release Note for release 3.25 included in the document # 513655 mentioned on the provided screenshots may answer your question.

In case that you need it, the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 and I211-AT: Production NVM Images document # 513655 ccan be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account on the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/513655.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or report any inconveniences with the provided site. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
bweip
Novice

@Mæcenas_INTEL (Intel)​.

1.png

Hi,

I see the changes relative to 3.11,

1 does it mean that the 4Mb flash doesn't support firmware upgrade???

​2 And there is no image for 4Mb in SGMII folder, which means the flash must be 8Mb or 16 Mb for SGMII mode??

3. I connect the I210 to the  SGMII switch(KSZ9477STXI) and the flash is 4Mb, which image should I choose. There is no 4Mb image in serdes folder. I have read 2.16 in FAQ, but nothing about flash size.

Best regards

bweip

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @bweip​:

Thanks for your reply.

Reviewing the document # 513655, specifically the files for each i210 mode unmentioned on your first communication, they have 4 Mb Production NVM images.

It confirms the information provided on our previous message.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
bweip
Novice

it is strange. I download this link for NVM images:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/513655.htm

and the result is as same as the image I gived above. Which image is for 4Mb in serdes folder in the picture as follow:

1.png

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @bweip​:

Thanks for your reply.

Paraphrasing our previous note, the i210 Twisted_pair, Transitional_images, and Fiber modes files, which are unmentioned on your first interaction as we cited, have 4 Mb Production NVM images.

The image that you have provided on your previous post can be found on the first communication.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
bweip
Novice

@Mæcenas_INTEL (Intel)​.

​I connect I210 to a switch. So I use I210 in Serdes mode, so I must find the image in serdes folder. I mention it in firt post.

0 Kudos