Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1152 Discussions

Cannot access Atom Bay Trail Type 4 SoC EDS

eAgan
Beginner
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_C_Intel
Employee

Sent Eric the document via email.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Eric! Your permissions on the site are fine. I also received the same error message. I am working with the publishing team to fix the link. Stay tuned. LynnZ

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

It's fixed, Eric! This document is Intel Confidential. Your permissions will allow you to access it. Have a nice day and thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! LynnZ.

eAgan
Beginner

Perfect, it works great now! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

My pleasure, Eric! There is also another discussion where this document is mentioned. Maybe it will be helpful to you: /message/11068?tags=dsi,hs clock,515049,mipi https://embedded.communities.intel.com/message/11068?tags=dsi%2Chs+clock%2C515049%2Cmipi.

eAgan
Beginner

Thanks! By the way, do you know if there is a Thermal/Mechanical Design Guidelines document for the new Atom x7-Z8700 yet? Or for the Atom Z3700 Type 4 SoC? Specifically I'm interested in the PCB Pad Recommendations, like guidelines on metal-defined and solder-mask-defined pads, where via-in-pad is and is not acceptable, and so on for our PCB layout.

It's the same sort of information seen this document for a different processor (Section 2.3 - PCB Pad Recommendations):

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/atom/atom-processor-s1200-thermal-guidelines.html Intel® Atom™ Processor S1200 for Microserver: Thermal Guide

0 Kudos
Josue_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Eric

We are looking for the file.

As soon as we get it, we will let you know.

Best Regards.

Josue.

0 Kudos
Josue_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Eric

We will upload the following files to EDC Library:

Document Number: 513059: Intel® Atom™ Processor Z3600/Z3700 Series Type 4 Platform Tablet and Convertible Form Factor.

Document Number: 510428: Bay Trail-M/T Platform Thermal and Mechanical Design Guide Revision 2.3

I will let you know when the files are available.

Best Regards.

Josue.

Josue_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Eric

Documents are available in EDC Library.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Best Regards.

Josue.

0 Kudos
eAgan
Beginner

You guys are the best! Thanks Josue and Lynn!!

By the way, do you know if this information generally applies to the x7-Z8700 (Cherry Trail) as well?

If not, any clues as to when the equivalent documents for Cherry Trail will be available?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Josue_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Eric

We will upload the following files to EDC Library:

Document Number: 543443 Cherry Trail VMS-T3 Platform Thermal and Mechanical Design Guide.

I will let you know when the files are available.

Best Regards.

Josue.

0 Kudos
eAgan
Beginner
0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Eric! sgcall, your sales rep, will contact you about that document. As it is newer, we can't yet post it on the EDC but Steve will assist you. LynnZ.

0 Kudos
eAgan
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_C_Intel
Employee

Sent Eric the document via email.

0 Kudos