Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Connecting 1:4 MST hub video splitter and host configuration

Prasan
Beginner

Hi,
We are using Intel Atom E3950 processor in our product.
1. This product runs on Win10 64 bit, has total 3 video output. 2 - DP1.2 and 1 LVDS (converted from eDP)
2. As per our product configuration we can connect 1:4 video splitter MST hub (plug and play) which supports DP1.1 and DP1.2
3. Per our requirement if we connect 1:4 splitter to any of the DP output, all the out put of the splitter should be same the input of splitter and that is possible only if host is in mirror mode.
4. But what we are seeing is, through the splitter Intel graphics is identifying multiple display through one DP port. I guess this is because MST feature in DP1.2 protocol. With this I am able to connect max 3 display to the system though I am using splitter.
5. If I connect it to Win7 based unit, which runs on DP1.1, I can connect 4 though the same splitter and 2 other ports on the device. This is because DP1.1 does not support MST feature. Even though splitter is MST capable, host (system) is not supporting MST, hence all output through splitter is same and system identifies splitter as one display.
6. Can you please help on this?
7. Is there any possible way we can try disable MST feature at host ( processor or graphics) side? 

-Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Prasan:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to have a Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account to have access to the requested information.

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update process by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Prasan
Beginner

I have filled out the RDC form and what is next?

I am still getting email from Intel support to post this question on Embedded forum. I think I did the same and now I feel like confused.

Can you please share me the exact link to post this question?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Prasan:

Thanks for your update.

We sent an email to the address associated with this account with suggestions that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
Prasan
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I had an email link regarding RDC account support and I did not see any other email regarding any support.

I believe that this question is raised on right forum. Could you please suggest or assign it to the right team if not?.

Unable to find any solution for this so far.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Prasan:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent another email to the address related to this account with suggestions that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos