Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

E3827/3845

TBrin2
Beginner

Had many board built with the E3805/15/26/27 and 45 processors and did not have any problems powering up.

My last batch with E3827 and 45 will not power up. The PMIC raises V1P0A, V1P2A, V1P8A, V3P3A and then raises RSMRST# .

The processor never responds with SLP_S4# .

I do not have access to PMC_SUSCLK0 or ILB_RTC_TEST#

I did add an addition power source for VNN_S but the sequence does not make it to where it is turned on.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, BamaTom:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please tell us if the design has been developed by you or a third party company? In case that it is a third party design, could you please give us all the information related to it? If it has been developed by you, could you please let us know if it has been reviewed by Intel? By the way, could you please inform us know how many units have been manufactured? How many are failing? What is the failure rate? Also, could you please clarify us if you have made any modification to your design and let us know them in a detailed way?

Waiting for your reply with the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
TBrin2
Beginner

We did this design and it was initially review by Intel and have built numerous boards with the E3800 family including some with the E3845 processors.

On this design I added a P9148 to the VNN_S rail to support the E3845 processor. W had 10 boards built and none of them work.

It appears the PMIC is waiting on the Processor.

There is another email thread that has a similar problem, /message/20786# 20786 E38xx Boot into S4 Issue

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, BamaTom :

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your previous communication, please implement all the suggestions stated in the threat mentioned in your previous message.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
TBrin2
Beginner

We forced the PMC_PWRBTN (J26) signal on the Intel CPU for a second or so but nothing happened.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, BamaTom :

We really appreciate your cooperation.

Based on the threat mentioned on one of your previous communications, please address your consultations by filling out the https://plan.seek.intel.com/us_en_embedded_registration-form-contactsaleswebform_html Contact Sales form.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
TBrin2
Beginner

Carlos

If you let ILB_RTC_TEST# float, will that keep it from working? I removed my test header and disconnected the RC on that pin by mistake.

Since I can not get to that ball, is there a work around?

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, BamaTom :

Thanks for your reply.

The cited signal is an Input of the RTC implementation. The weak and/or missing battery condition is reported in the GEN_PMCON1.RPS (RTC Power Status) register. When asserted, BIOS may clear the RTC CMOS RAM.

You can confirm this information and more details inTable 328, on page 4551 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/atom-e3800-family-datasheet.pdf Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor E3800 Product Family Datasheet document # 538136.

We hope that information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos