Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Intel Atom (Elkhart lake) network adapter support by FreeBSD drivers

Oleg-R
Novice

Hello,

Are there any plans to support Intel Atom x6000E Series (Elkhart lake) network adapter by FreeBSD drivers ?

if yes, what is the timeframe ?

Thank you,

Oleg

9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Oleg-R,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We believe that you are inquiring about the Integrated LAN Intel Atom Elkhart lake processor Family, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

JosueO_Intel

Hello Oleg-R,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

JosueO_Intel

Hello Oleg-R,

The processor you are asking for is part of the embedded products. We have a dedicated community for this type of processor, we will route this thread to the correct community so you will be assisted by the proper team. 

Best regards,  

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello, @Oleg-R ,

To access the information about plan for support of different O.S for the platform you need to have a Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account.

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update process by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).

Best regards,

@Adolfo_S_Intel  

0 Kudos
Oleg-R
Novice

Hello Adolfo,

I filled the form a week ago and nothing happened since then.

Can you please check it ?

Thank you,

Oleg

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello, @Oleg-R ,

Please check your Spam folder just in case you might have missed any notifications.

If that is not the case please try to submit a new request and explain your situation about the lack of updates.

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez

0 Kudos
Oleg-R
Novice

Hello Adolfo,

There are no any e-mails in spam folder.

Can you please provide me e-mail address so that I can submit the request ?

We need the answer regarding FreeBSD drivers ASAP, as we'd like to decide on which platform to start new development.

Thank you,

Oleg

0 Kudos
Oleg-R
Novice

Hello Adolfo,

Finally I got the link to register and now I have Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account.

Can you please now answer my question ?

Are there any plans to support an Integrated LAN Intel Atom Elkhart lake processor Family by FreeBSD drivers ?

Thank you,

Oleg

0 Kudos
Oleg-R
Novice

Hello @Adolfo_S_Intel ,

I did not receive any reply from you, can you please respond ?

Finally I got the link to register and now I have Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account.

Can you please now answer my question ?

Are there any plans to support an Integrated LAN Intel Atom Elkhart lake processor Family by FreeBSD drivers ?

Thank you,

Oleg

0 Kudos