Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Looking for a EG20T GPIO working sample code in Windows XP

EShem1
Novice

Hi,

I'm trying to work with the Intel driver for EG20T GPIO under Windows XP embedded.

The programmer's manual for the driver is not very helpful and I was not able to find anything online.

I'm trying to operate the GPIO part of the device using the driver.

Does anyone have a working code sample I can use?

Thanks,

Ely

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Ely,

I can only find this guide you've mentioned along with the .h files from the drivers.

Another is https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/intelligent-systems/privileged/eg20t-sample-reference-code.html?wapkw=eg20t Intel® Platform Controller Hub EG20T: Sample Test Program.

Regards,

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ely Shemer.

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Community.

I'm working on getting an answer to your question. Have a great day and we'll be talking with you soon!

Regards.

Leon

idata
Employee

Hello Ely Shemer,

A separate email has been sent to your email address to review. Thank you!

Best regards.

Leon

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

Leon, I'm still waiting for a code sample or clarifications to the documentation (which is very unclear) so I can use the driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ely,

I can only find this guide you've mentioned along with the .h files from the drivers.

Another is https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/intelligent-systems/privileged/eg20t-sample-reference-code.html?wapkw=eg20t Intel® Platform Controller Hub EG20T: Sample Test Program.

Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

Leon,

When I try to access the link you posted, I get this message:

The content you are trying to access requires an Intel® Embedded Design Center (Intel® EDC) Privileged account. If you would like access to this content, you need to sign in with a Privileged account.

Ely

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ely,

You currently have a Basic account so I would like to help you apply for a Privileged account.

Here are the steps:

1) Go to http://edc.intel.com/ Intel® Embedded Design Center and login using your Basic credentials. (SIGN IN is located in the upper right of the page).

2) The go to https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/embedded-design-center-contact-us.html Intel® Embedded Design Center Contact and Support and you will see MANAGE YOUR INTEL EDC ACCOUNT.

3) Click on MANAGE MY INTEL PROFILE

4) You should see an option to UPGRADE to PRIVILEGED. Complete and submit the form.

5) Let me know when you have done this. I will coordinate getting your application reviewed as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice
0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

Leon,

This is taking too long (and is over complicated for what I need).

Couldn't you just copy and send over the sample code?

I am already several weeks behind on this...

Ely

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ely,

My apologies for any inconvenience caused. I'm unable to simply copy and send it over to you.

I have already made a follow up regarding your application for a privileged account.

Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ely! I understand that you have emailed with Michal, one of our representatives. EDC Support will now assist you with establishing a CNDA between your company and Intel. This non-disclosure agreement is required in order to share Intel confidential content. Be on the lookout for an email from mailto:edc.support@intel.com edc.support@intel.com. LynnZ

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice
0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

I tried out the sample code from that link, and I'm getting linking errors:

1>gpio_sample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetupDiGetClassDevsA@16

1>gpio_sample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList@4

1>gpio_sample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetailA@24

1>gpio_sample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces@20

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 on Windows XP SP3.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ely! It looks like you may now access Intel Confidential content. Michal should be able to assist you as well. LynnZ.

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

I found the missing library and the sample code is working.

I am struggling to combine it with my application: the sample code is using ANSI and my application is compiled for UNICODE.

Any chance you have sample code that compiles for UNICODE?

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

Latest update

I was able to get this working... Thanks...
0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Ely,

We are very glad that you have your driver working now.

Thank you very much for your update.

Best regards,

Gabriel Thomas.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Nice job, Ely! We love when things work out nicely. You can also utilize our distribution channel for design assistance, fulfillment, and to get additional technical content. Here is link to Intel's http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/intelligent-systems-distributors.html authorized distributors. LynnZ

0 Kudos