Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Moving from Microchip and ARM embedded development. I would like to start learning embedded development with high-speed Intel processors.

DWork2
Beginner

I have a strong background in firmware development using assembly language and C/C++. I have designed embedded systems for Microchip and ARM microprocessors. I want to take the leap into designing embedded systems using more powerful processors, (maybe the Intel Atom is a good place to start?).

I want to practice writing my own firmware, and do not want to use any underlying OS in my designs. I will want to understand the new UEFI interface if it is not to great a task to apply to my own OS.

If any of you could point me in the right direction as to what Intel processors to consider, development boards, books, or development tools and software, that would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DWork2​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest you address your consultations stated in this thread to the forum listed as a reference at:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-firmware-engine

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos