Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

POST code error 012F on startup of the system. System hangs on an "Intel Inside" screen and will not progress. Would it be possible to get documentation detailing the POST codes and how to get the system running again?

DMWhite
Beginner

The product is Bay Lake CRB (Fab 1 Rev B) with an Intel Atom Valleyview 2 processor. The "Lordship Beach" AIC displays POST code 012F. The processor and the PMIC card have been reseated, however the issue still remains.​

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DWhit56​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please provide pictures of the Customer Reference Boards (CRBs) labels and markings, also of the processor topside markings related to this situation?

Could you please clarify if you made any change in the configuration of the CRBs (such jumper position modifications, memory changes, or others) associated with this condition?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hello Maecenas_INTEL,

I have a few photos of the board labellings and markings, shown below. I don't currently have a photo of the processor markings, however I can get those to you tomorrow. The CPU is well stuck to the bottom of the clamping mechanism with thermal paste and I haven't attempted to separate it from the mechanism so as not to damage the CPU BGA or the interposer on the board.

None of the jumper positions or DIP switch positions have been altered as far as I know.

Kind regards,

Dan

IMG_20190920_150136.jpgIMG_20190920_145600.jpgIMG_20190920_145551 - Copy.jpgIMG_20190920_145551.jpg

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DWhit56​:

Thanks for your reply.

Please attach the pictures of the processor top-side markings related to this thread as soon as you have them.

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi,

Here is a picture of the processor markings. Apologies for the late response.

Kind regards,

Dan

IMG_20191002_074339.jpg

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DWhit56​:

Thanks for your update.

Based on the provided information, could you please clarify where you acquire the affected CRB?

Could you please explain if the processor showed on your last communication is the one provided with the CRB showed on your communication of yesterday or you change it?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi,

The CRB was acquired from a third party who had it in a collection for a while before it was given to me.

The processor is the same processor that was with the board. I have not changed it.

Best regards,

Dan​

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DWhit56​:

Thanks for your clarification.

Based on your last communications, could you please clarify if the affected CRB used to work with the showed processor when you received them?

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi,

The third party could not get the system to POST either. I received the CRB to try and get it to work myself, however I could not get it to work either, so I thought contacting Intel would be my best bet to get it working again.

Best regards,

Dan​

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DWhit56​:

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest verify that the processor is compatible with the CRB. This processor seems to be a sample device based on the few markings showed in the attached picture. Due to this fact, please address this verification by filling out the Embedded Samples Feedback form that can be found at:

https://edc.intel.com/Tools/Samples/Feedback/Default.aspx

By the way, the showed CRB is related to Cherry Trail or Bay Trail-T family devices.

It is important to let you know that unfortunately the Cherry Trail is on the "off-roadmap" and its support is for limited manufacturers. For this reason, this processor family is unsupported by this channel. Click on Cherry Trail website to learn more about the specifications of this family at the following website:

https://ark.intel.com/products/codename/46629/Cherry-Trail

However, you can send your consultations related to this CRB by filling out the form stated at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/ecommerce.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I have filled in the Embedded Samples Feedback form asking about the compatibility of the processor with this CRB and I am awaiting a response. Out of interest, do you happen to have to hand the specifications of this engineering sample processor? Also, would it be at all possible to see a list of POST codes for this board? I understand if this information is unavailable to me.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DWhit56​:

Thanks for your reply.

The information to determine if a device is an Engineering Sample (ES) can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005719/processors.html

On the other hand, we would like to have the information related to Cherry Trail devices but unfortunately it is out of scope of support.

Due to this fact, please address your question of this type to the last website mentioned on our previous message.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi,

Alright, thanks anyway. I will await a response from the Embedded Samples form and will fill in the e-Commerce Stores Inquiry form if I cannot get the information from the Embedded Samples form, or if I require further information.

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos