Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Problem with Fedora 18 Remix MR2

idata
Employee

Hi,

I try to make Fedora 18 MR2, before this I use Timesys Fedora 18 Remix Gold and MR1. First I download package F18_MR2_SW_BKC.tar.bz2 , read your user guide ( Baytrail_Linux_MR2_Integration_Guide_Rev 1.0.pdf ). After I download Fedora from fedora arhive. I make step 1 - 26 after, I use documentation for EMGD because in this documentation I have information about version of packge and link of repository.

After step 26 I Install :

• inputproto-2.3.1
  • xorg-server-1.14.5
  • xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.7.3-5
  • libdrm-2.4.52
  • mesa-10.2.1
  • glu-9.0.0
  • cairo-1.12.14
  • emgd-sna-2.0-3900.i386.rpm

After I make xorg.txt with CED and copy in folder /etc/X11/ as .conf file, and use command /usr/bin/startx . After that command fedora restarts and I can't use mouse and keyboard.

My xorg.conf file

#

# X Config options generated from CED

# x11 conf skeleton

# DriverVer=

#

Section "Monitor"

Identifier "Monitor0"

VendorName "Monitor Vendor"

ModelName "Monitor Model"

Option "Rotate" "normal"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Device "IntelEMGD-0"

Monitor "Monitor0"

DefaultDepth 24

SubSection "Display"

Depth 32

EndSubSection

EndSection

# Primary (First/only) display

Section "Device"

Identifier "IntelEMGD-0"

Driver "emgd"

VendorName "Intel(R) DEG"

BoardName "Embedded Graphics"

BusID "0:2:0"

Screen 0

Option "PcfVersion" "1792"

Option "ConfigId" "1"

EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"

Identifier "Default Layout"

Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0

# InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

# InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"

# InputDevice "DevInputMice" "SendCoreEvents"

EndSection

Could somebody tell configuration which work?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello AntejaVM,

Thank your for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on the information stated on 3 page of the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/platform-briefs/atom-processor-e3800-platform-brief.pdf Platform Brief Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor E3800 Product Family document # 329621, this kind of consultations should be addressed as a reference to the email address mailto:sales@timesys.com sales@timesys.com or by filling out the form stated at the http://www.timesys.com/embedded-linux/support/request-pricing/ Timesys Embedded Linux website.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Carlos_A,

But what Timesys has with Fedora MR2, Intel release F18_MR2_SW_BKC.tar.bz2 with patches and user guide not Timesys.

I just need help how make something which Intel try and for them it work, but for me don't work.

BR,

AntejaVM

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello AntejaVM,

Thanks for your reply.

In order to better help you, could you please tell us if these consultations are related or duplicated of the " " Forum?

By the way, please review the information that can help you is stated in sections 3 and 5 of the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/emgd-driver-epog-atom-e3800-linux-user-guide.pdf Intel(R) Embedded Media and Graphics Driver and EPOG v36.40.23 (32-bit) and v37.40.23 (64-bit) for Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor E3800 Product Family/ Intel® Celeron® Processor N2807/N2930/J1900 Linux* Release User Guide document # 536572

Thanks in advance for your clarification and we hope that the provided information is useful.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, problem is same (/thread/12697 How to configure the Intel EMGD on Linux OS using CED lite ), it is duplicate post. Yes I see and read section 3 - 5 of the document # 536572, also I try on Fedora 18 ... And it not work for me .

Also I have problem with libva-1.5.0 ( or VA-API 0.37.0 ) .

[root@localhost intel-driver]# vainfo

libva info: VA-API version 0.37.0

libva info: va_getDriverName() returns -1

libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with unknown libva error,driver_name=(null)

vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

I install everything from section 5 of the document # 536572 ....

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello AntejaVM,

Thanks for you update.

Could you please try and Install the EMGD driver on the Fedora 18 Timesys remix and let us know the results?

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello AntejaVM,

Thanks for your reply.

We will contact you via email.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos