Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Tizen IVI on Atom E38xx (kernel configuration)

MGuse1
Novice

Hello! I prepare kernel 3.10.28 with recomendations from https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/tizen-ivi-m2-kernel-ltsi-linux-support-package-atom-e3800-gsg.pdf https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/tizen-ivi-m2-kernel-ltsi-linux-support-package-atom-e3800-gsg.pdf (january 2015 revision).

1) In that guide in 3.3.1.4 "cp arch/x86/configs/byt_32_tz_emgd_defconfig .config" and make sure following item is configured to y "CONFIG_DRM_EMGD=y".

2) Next, in 3.4.4.4 process these instructions:

"-Type "make arch=i386 menuconfig".

- Go to > Device Drivers > Multimedia Supports > Intel Atom Image Signal

Processor CSS2.0 Driver (set as "M")

- Save and Exit."

In the second instructions new config file created and all emgd settings are removed. I compared byt_32_tz_emgd_defconfig and .config file after 3.4.4.4. CONFIG_DRM_EMGD string is absent in new .config file.

That config file is more correct, byt_32_tz_emgd_defconfig, or new .config after 3.4.4.4? How prepare config file with settings for emgd and ISP together?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Maks Gusev,

Please try "make byt_32_tz_emgd_defconfig arch=i386 menuconfig", instead of "make arch=i386 menuconfig".

This will use the default config copied to the kernel top directory "cp arch/x86/configs/byt_32_tz_emgd_defconfig .config".

Regards,

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Maks Gusev,

Welcome back to the Intel® Embedded Community.

We are working on getting an answer to your question. Have a great day and we'll be talking with you soon!

Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Maks,

We are working in your case and will contact you with additional information as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Maks Gusev,

Please try "make byt_32_tz_emgd_defconfig arch=i386 menuconfig", instead of "make arch=i386 menuconfig".

This will use the default config copied to the kernel top directory "cp arch/x86/configs/byt_32_tz_emgd_defconfig .config".

Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos
MGuse1
Novice

Hello, Leon.

I recompiled sources using your instructions and this problem is solved now.

0 Kudos