Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

UDC isn't supported with ATOM ?

rshal2
New Contributor II

Hello,

We try to work with usb device controller with apollo lake e3900 (using congatec ma5).

My steps:

1. compile kernel 4.4.0 with dwc2 and dwc3 as modules, and build all controllers in device-drivers->usb->usb-> gadget->usb peripheral (build into kernel).

2. boot system

3. modprobe libcomposite

modprobe dwc2

ls /sys/class/udc shows that it is empty !

trying modprobe dwc3 gives same result.

As I understand usb device should be supported with E3900 "USB 2.0 interfaces on the COM Express connector including one USB 2.0 Dual Role port. "

Thank you for any idea,

ranran

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rshal2
New Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

I haven't got the documentation, but seems that the problem been solved anyway:

The default bios of congatec MA5 disables udc, so it has to be enabled in BIOS, and then it also appears in lsusb.

Thank you very much for the help,

Ranran

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
iceice
Beginner

hi sir

Could you tell me after enable the BIOS and load  dwc3 , the UDC function can work fine ?

thanks

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @iceice:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on your previous communication, we want to address the following questions:

Could you please clarify if the device related to this situation has been designed by you or by a third-party company?

Could you please let us know the part number, name of the manufacturer, and where to find the information related to the affected project?

Could you please list the source that you used to develop the design associated with the mentioned Ethernet Controller and if it has been verified by Intel?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos