Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

BLDK Source Level Debug Interface

MMori9
Beginner

Hi,

We use the BLDK package (CB-EDKII-PostGold-2.3.6.8) on our CrownBay based platform, and are trying to get the source level debugger running. We are able to get it running on the Intel CRB board, but on our platform we cannot seem to connect to the target. Since by default the debugger will use the Super-IO UART port for debugging, I think this issue is caused by the fact that we use another Super-I/O chip on our board (which requires a customized initialization).

- My question is where I can find the code responsible for connecting the source level debugger to the host PC? I tried changing the SrcDebugSerialPortLib (as defined in CrownBayPlatformPkg.dsc) to our customized SuperIO serial port code, but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

- Also, is it possible to change the interface used for debugging (e.g. to an IOH UART or USB port)?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VSimh2
Novice

HI,

In the CB-EDKII-PostGold option, there is option to choose the IOH UART in the BOOT option IOH Serial Port No.

Can you please share the SUPER -I/O chip used in your board? There is possible to have customized initialization.

Regards,

Vinay Simha BN

0 Kudos