Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

Can't Access Board Planner

JOgan
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I am trying to access Board Planner tool (https://edc.intel.com/tools/board-planner/ https://edc.intel.com/tools/board-planner/), my account has been upgraded to privileged, however the tool seems to hang and reload forever.

Is there any extension (Java, Silverlight, etc) , browser, or any other specifics that I need in order to access this tool.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Jose, thank you for your patience. You should now be able to access the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/design-tools/board-planner.html Embedded Board Planner.

Have a great day!

Lynn Z.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Thank you for reporting this to us, Jose. We received your message through Intel Customer Support and have escalated this. Our team is working on it right now. We will let you know when it is fixed.

Also, the Embedded Board Planner should be accessible with a Basic or Privileged account -- we're checking this, too!

0 Kudos
JOgan
Beginner

For what is worth, there seems to be an strange loop within the connection.

This is a Firefox capture of the connections which seems suspicious, hopefully it is helpful.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello JoseOgando,

Thanks you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to help you, we would like to address the following questions to better understand this situation:

Could you please tell us if this condition happens with an specific Internet Browser or with various? In case that it only happens with a particular one, please try with different ones, and let us know the results.

Could you please confirm if the situation persists if you login previous to use the board planner? If you ignore the answer please try this suggestion and let us know the outcomes.

Could you please try to reproduce this problem when there is no other web sites open in the same internet browser? In case that you do not know the answer, please try this recommendation ,and inform us the consequences.

Please let us know all the information that may answer the previous questions.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
JOgan
Beginner

The issue has become related to certificates. Please find my answers between your quoted message.

Could you please tell us if this condition happens with an specific Internet Browser or with various? In case that it only happens with a particular one, please try with different ones, and let us know the results.

I have tried Firefox, Chrome, IE 11 on Windows and Chrome and Safari on Mac OS X. All of them with the same outcome

Could you please confirm if the situation persists if you login previous to use the board planner? If you ignore the answer please try this suggestion and let us know the outcomes.

I have tried loggin in prior and after clicking the link, Its the same problem.

Could you please try to reproduce this problem when there is no other web sites open in the same internet browser? In case that you do not know the answer, please try this recommendation ,and inform us the consequences.

All in Windows,

Single tab on Chrome, does not work.

Single tab on IE, does not work, gives me the attached error. Login in took way too much time. Tried clicking on open this content in a new window yet it didn't work.

Single tab on Firefox, gives me the attached error. Clicked "here" but did not work. Pics attached of the certificate error. I have deleted my certificate db on Firefox but did not help.

0 Kudos
JOgan
Beginner

Quick update. I have bypassed all the certificates (www.intel,com , www.intel.com.mx and www.intel.la ) and still is not working.

0 Kudos
JOgan
Beginner
0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

We believe this is a federation issue. We are meeting today to try to troubleshoot this. Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
JOgan
Beginner

Hello LynnX, Thanks for the update.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello. I believe that the root cause has been determined. We are testing to see if the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience. LynnZ.

0 Kudos
JOgan
Beginner

Hello LynnX,

Let me know when I can try.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Jose, thank you for your patience. You should now be able to access the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/design-tools/board-planner.html Embedded Board Planner.

Have a great day!

Lynn Z.

0 Kudos
JP5
Beginner

Hello, can you help me? I've created basic Intel account, but can't start board planner. It is just Intel web header and the rest is empty page. Tried on variuos browsers, disabled ad-blocker, used proxy to change country, but no luck (

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello, Jaraslav. You are correct, I do see that you a have a Basic account which is all that you should need to access the Embedded Board Planner. Let me take this to my development team to check it out for you. In the meantime can you clear you cache, close your browser, and restart a fresh one? I'll be in touch. Lynn Z.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Update: We have detected the problem and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, here's a workaround that was provided to me:

First time redirect fails after successful authentication, then user has to launch the same application URL in the same browser for launching it successfully (second time redirect is bypassed).

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello. You should no longer have to perform the 'work around' solutions as the problem now appears to be fixed. Thank you, Jaroslav, for reporting this. LynnZ.

0 Kudos
LHuyn2
Beginner

Hello, I've registered today to be able to use the Board Planner but it doesn't work, also the workaround didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
VTach
Beginner

Hi all,

same here - basic account, but the frame doesn't load - chrome (51.x) doesn't load anything at all, ie11 says that the content cannot be displayed within a frame and offers me to open it in a new window, only to open the homepage and firefox (47.x) doesn't load anything either. Compatibility modes and all don't help, pasting and reopening the URL in the same or other browser don't change anything either. I installed firefox especially for this, just to make sure it's not some incompatibility with the browser engine, but it seems to be server-side related.

Trying it on a win 8.1 x64, but doubt it has anything to do with the OS. All help would be appreciated!

P.S. For what it's worth, i think the issue is with the CORS request - both firefox and chrome say they're blocking a non-trusted resource, because it's not covered by the SSL certificate currently being used:

Unfortunately disabling the same-origin security policy doesn't seem to help at all, so I suppose you should look into this.

Cheers,

Vlad

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi! Thanks for bring this to our attention. I've confirmed that it is broken...again. We are checking into why this happened again. Stay tuned. So sorry!! LynnZ

0 Kudos
VTach
Beginner

Hi Lynn,

any info or eta, when the board planner would be up yet?

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am told that it is now working properly. Please try and let me know if you experience any problems. I hope not!! LynnZ

0 Kudos