Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1204 Discussions

Default display scaling setting for cloned display - set to Maintain Display Scaling instead of Center Image

idata
Employee

I'm using an ATOM E3800 Celeron N2920/J1900 processor with cloned dual displays. OS is Windows Embedded 7. When I plug in a second display, the default Scaling gets set to "Center Image". I need it to default to "Maintain Display Scaling". I have been able to use the COM interface in igfxext.exe as described in document 552974 to change scaling during runtime after the second display has been plugged in. What I would like is to have it default to "Maintain Display Scaling" for any DVI monitor plugged in to the second DVI port. Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, fm:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand your question, could you please tell us if you are using Widows Embedded Standard 7 or Windows Embedded Compact 7?

Please give us the information that may answer the previous question.

Best regards,

Carlos_A

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using Windows Embedded Standard 7.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, fm:

Thanks for your update.

You need to verify if the "Hotplug / Unplug Persistence on Restore Mode" setting has been enabled in the VBIOS (this should be checked with your manufacturer)

By the way, it is possible that even if the "Hotplug / unplug persistence on restore mode" has been enabled, Windows 7 auto detection feature is known to override the settings of the graphic drivers. For additional information please review as a reference the following website:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/issue-where-monitors-drop-in-and-out-of-detection/dd31eb3a-80f3-4e61-9674-fa5d7d065ea3?tab=question&status=AllReplies&page=1

Also, there is a workaround for this issue that disables the auto detection feature:

"Go to Control Panel, Power Options, Edit the plan you use by clicking Change Plan Settings, once here click Change Advanced Power Settings. Once there, go to USB Settings, open the menu by clicking the + open the next menu named USB Selective Suspend Setting and disable it. Once this is disabled Windows 7 will no longer adjust your display setup when a display is turned off." As a reference please review the information stated at:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1235582/dealing-with-displayport-hdmi-autodetect

It is important to let you know that it can be tested on your own because it is uncertainty to work.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My Power control panel does not have settings for USB. Do you know if there is a WES7 component that adds it?

As for the VBIOS settings, I have a query in to my board manufacturer. But in the meantime, do you know if there is a way to programmatically get and set set VBIOS settings? The COM interface in igfxext.exe does not seem to have any way to get VBIOS settings information.

Thanks.

fm

0 Kudos